There is currently a position available at EASTERN CAPE UMBRELLA FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION for an
FPA SUPPORT OFFICER
(Stationed at Stutterheim in the Eastern Cape)
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST:
- Driver’s license: Valid driver’s license and own transport is essential. The person will be reimbursed for business kilometres travelled.
Key Performance Areas:
- The candidate will assist and support the FPAs throughout the province of the Eastern Cape.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with management, other departments and FPAs.
- Advise and coach FPAs, FPOs and FPA managers on interpreting, applying, and implementing the NVFFA.
- Regularly communicate with FPAs, Municipalities and partners.
- The candidate will be required to work in the veld fire environment.
- Interest and ability to work in a team environment. Assist or manage fire incidents utilizing the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Good knowledge and experience of veld and forest fires. Knowledge and enforcement of the NVFFA (Act 101 of 1998).
- Good knowledge and insight on the structure, operations and functioning of Fire Protection Associations.
- Management and people skills would be an essential requirement for this position.
- Knowledge of environmental matters acquired through applicable formal training or combination of education and experience.
- Good computer literacy and the ability to compile management plans is essential. A good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Principles and practices of GIS (Geographic Information System) and computer applications used to produce maps will be essential.
- Training in, and knowledge of, managing fire incidents utilizing the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The candidate will work throughout the province of the Eastern Cape and regular travelling will be expected.
- It will be expected from the candidate to be on standby for extended periods during fire season as part of normal duties.
- The FPA Support Officer will assist FPAs in firefighting operations and management. This will take place during and after office hours.
- Good communication skills, as the candidate will be required to advise and assist FPAs relating matters around the NVFFA.
- Degree or diploma in Forestry, Conservation or Natural Resource Management will be advantageous.
- Work experience in an FPA, forestry or conservation environment will be beneficial.
Submit your CV to the following:
For any further enquiries, you can contact Thinus Botha (CEO ECUFPA) on:
Office: 043 683 2659
Cell: 082 922 8637
Closing Date: 15 February 2021 @ 08h00
Please Note: CV’s and relevant documentation must reach our office before the closing date and time.
(If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.)
If you would like to download a .pdf version of this position, please click here.