ECUFPA is currently hiring and has a position available for an Administrative Assistant.
|Function:||General admin for both ECUFPA & GSFPA|
|Location:||Stutterheim, Eastern Cape|
|Application Closing Date:||16h00, Friday 13 September 2019|
|Position Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Working Hours:||40 hrs per week|
|Salary:||Negotiable, based on experience|
|Special Conditions:||Flexible working hours & after hours as required|
Applicants must please send a shortened CV (2 – 3 pages) and covering letter to Thinus Botha.
Please note: If you have not received a response within 5 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful. ECUFPA & GSFPA management reserves the right to change the scope of the work as required. ECUFPA & GSFPA reserves the right to not fill the advertised position.
EASTERN CAPE UMBRELLA FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (ECUFPA)
- ECUFPA is a registered Umbrella Fire Protection Association and Non-Profit Company
- ECUFPA has been running for 8 years, and the core function is aiding and advising local FPAs in the province regarding legal compliance within the framework of the National Veld & Fores Fire Act (101 of 1998), as well as sustainable operations. ECUFPA also manages the aerial resources for the Eastern Cape Province.
- For more information, please visit our website at www.ecufpa.co.za.
GREATER STUTTERHEIM FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (GSFPA)
- GSFPA is a registered Fire Protection Association and Non-Profit Organisation
- GSFPA has been running for 10 years, and the core function is aiding landowners in predicting, preventing, managing and extinguishing veld fires in the area as well as performing all duties set out in the National Veld & Forest Fire Act (101 of 1998)
- For more information, please visit our website at www.gsfpa.co.za.
The position is responsible for all of the administrative responsibilities of the ECUFPA & GSFPA, which includes:
- Correspondence with various stakeholders
- Management of mailing lists
- Filing & archiving
- Organising meetings & events
- Drawing up agendas as well as taking & distributing minutes
- Managing travel & accommodation bookings for management
- Distributing weather forecasts & warnings to members
- Managing several databases
- Capturing & managing statistical data
- Other general office & administrative tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Minimum Qualifications & Training:
- A relevant, tertiary qualification will be beneficial
- A valid drivers license will be beneficial
Minimum Work Experience:
- 3 – 5 years experience in a similar position
- Strong administrative, data management, reception & correspondence experience
Recommended Work Experience:
A combination of the following experience will be beneficial:
- Client service
- Personal Assistant
- Fully literate in MS Office Suite, email etiquette, social media & general internet research & usage
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent spoken & written communications skills (in at least 2 of the 3 languages common to the area)
- Excellent office administration skills
- Ability to work independantly as well as in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to remain calm & work under pressure
- Proactive nature and the ability to take initiative
- A reliable team player
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, friendly & inspirational attitude
Due to the nature of the industry, the applicant must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime as required from time to time
Download the Job Description here.